Frequently Asked Questions
About money matters
1. What does the scholarship cover?
The Scholarship covers:
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period
- Settling in Allowance
- Research Costs: only eligible for mobility of ten (10) months or more. The distribution of funds from this pool shall be decided by the partners on the basis of the actual research needs of selected students.
- An extra allowance corresponding to the monthly subsistence allowance’s will be paid per academic year to female master students and doctoral candidates, for mobility equal or longer than 2 academic years.
Participation costs are transferred directly the host institution. Insurance is arranged by the co-ordinating institution on behalf of students.
2. What about health and travel insurance?
The coordinating institution will arrange for each scholarship holder comprehensive health, travel and personal accidents insurance directly to each scholarship holder which is valid in the host country and in line with European Union requirements. The insurance will cover pan-African travel required during a student / staff member’s mobility period. Reasons for travel may be: departure to the destination where studies / staff visit will take place, travel between the participating higher education institutions, return trip home following completion of studies or during the academic breaks within the specific eligibility period of the action, preparatory meetings, mid-term evaluation meetings, final evaluation meeting, courses, conferences, seminars, research, cultural and intercultural sessions.
In the event of a return trip home during the period covered by his/her scholarship; the participants shall also receive cover for medical costs and urgent dental care. This coverage will be guaranteed for periods up to 4 weeks.